Posted 4months ago
Oats, sweet potato and banana is all you need to make these tasty biscuits for your pooch.
Instagram baker @CakeOntheRun has shared her dog-friendly recipe that's so easy to follow anyone can make.
Plus even the fussiest of pups will enjoy them, as Hugo the German Shepherd from Surrey proved when he gobbled them up in the video below.
The main ingredient is oats, which are 100% safe for dogs and can be given to them in moderation.
Make sure you use plain porridge oats (no flavourings like golden syrup) and choose a peanut butter that contains no sugar.
They contain no eggs, meat or dairy products, which means they are naturally vegan-friendly.
It's always best to give your pooch a small taster to begin with, after all our pets can be just as funny about their food as we can.
Once cooked, store them in an airtight container.
Sweet potato dog biscuit recipe
- 150g oats (blended to a flour)
- 50g banana (mashed)
- 50g sweet potato (cooked and mashed)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/ 400F/ gas mark 6.
- Peel, chop and cook a sweet potato then once soft mash it.
- Blitz the oats in a blender so it becomes flour then pour it into a large bowl.
- Add the sweet potato and banana, mash and mix with a spoon so the mixture clumps together.
- Use your hands to squeeze the mixture into a dough. If the mixture is too dry, add a little cold water.
- Sprinkle some extra oat flour or any flour onto your kitchen work surface and roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
- Once it's 0.5cm thick, use any cookie cutter you fancy to cut out biscuit shapes. Use up all of the dough by picking up any leftover bits and rolling it out again.
- Place the biscuits onto a large oven-proof tray lined with baking paper/ parchment and cook for 20 minutes.
- They should be slightly golden and have a bit of a crunch to them.