Posted 4 months ago ago
If you’ve found your way onto DogTok, then it’s an instant serotonin booster guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
TikTok is a video sharing app that has become hugely popular - particularly in the last 12 months - with millions of people using the app to get their daily fix of the internet’s favourite commodity – cute dog videos.
There have been well over 120 billion views of dog videos on TikTok to date, but it seems some dog breeds are much more popular on this social media site than others.
A new report using TikTok data has been released by credit card comparison site Money.co.uk, revealing the 12 most popular dog breeds by the number of views.
The top 12 most popular dog breeds on TikTok have all clocked up over one billion video views each, but there’s one pup who is the clear leader of the pack. The Golden Retriever takes the biscuit as the most-watched dog breed on TikTok with 9.2 billion views - that’s nearly 5 billion views more than the second most popular TikTok dog, German Shepherds.
In third place, the Chihuahua takes bronze as TikTok’s most popular dog, beating Pugs, Poodles and Pomeranians.
Here are the 20 most viewed dog breeds on TikTok according to hashtags:
- Golden Retriever - 9.2 billion views
- German shepherd - 4.3 billion views
- Chihuahua - 4.1 billion views
- Pug - 3.6 billion views
- Rottweiler - 3.2 billion views
- Pomeranian - 3.1 billion views
- French Bulldog - 2.8 billion views
- Labrador - 2.6 billion views
- Poodle - 2 billion views
- Great Dane - 1.7 billion views
- Siberian Husky - 1.4 billion views
- Samoyed - 1.2 billion views
- Border Collie - 1 billion views
- Sprollie - 872 million views
- Beagle - 737 million views
- Chow Chow - 617 million views
- Shih Tzu - 600 million views
- Australian Shepherd - 515 million views
- Newfoundland - 511 million views
- Bernese Mountain Dog - 409 million views